For when you need something quick, don’t have much in the house and are too lazy to soak beans…
Super Quick and Easy Black Bean Soup
1/4 c. onion, diced
1 lg. clove garlic, minced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 can black beans
2 cups broth (chicken or veggie)
1) Saute onion in a little olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and pinch of salt–continue sautéing.
2) When onion is translucent, add celery and carrot and another pinch of salt, continue to sauté until veggies are beginning to get soft.
3) Add black beans and broth, bring to boil.
4) Simmer for approximately 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
5) Puree until smooth in blender or with hand blender.
Serve with sour cream or yogurt, cilantro, etc. as desired. I threw some homemade croutons and arugula atop the above.