After a couple weeks on the road chillaxin’ and having some good eats in SoCal (more on this to come!), I’m in need of some healthful eats for a couple days. Here’s some good cleanse food when for when you need a bit o’ food detox…
Braised Kale, Shiitakes and Yuba with Brown Rice Pasta
– Olive oil
– 1/2 onion, sliced thin
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 bunches kale (curly or dinosaur)
– 1-1 1/2 cups chicken broth
– 8-12 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
– 1/2 package Hodo Soy Yuba, sliced into strips (or use extra firm tofu, cut in chunks)
– 1/2 bag brown rice pasta (any shape)
– Parmesan Cheese
1) Sauté onion in 2-3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
2) When onions become translucent, add garlic and sauté.
3) Begin to heat pasta water.
4) After garlic begins getting fragrant add kale in handfuls (approximately 1/3 each time) and stir to begin wilting the leaves. Once you can fit more kale in the pan, add the next batch and repeat until all kale has been sautéed and is wilting.
5) Add chicken broth and braise kale, onion and garlic mixture over medium low heat until kale reaches desired texture. It will probably take 15-20 minutes to really soften the kale.
6) Cook pasta when water boils. Kale braising process should take approximately the same amount of time it takes for the pasta to cook.
7) Approximately 2-3 minutes before pasta is done, add mushrooms to kale mixture and heat through.
8) Drain pasta when done and toss with kale mixture. Add yuba strips, toss and heat through.
9) Let pasta absorb any excess chicken broth, then serve topped with parmesan cheese.